Dr Kurt Boeck made a number of journeys into the Himalayas in the 1890s. He published a lavishly illustrated report of his travels titled “Indian glacier trips” in 1900. During these journeys he visited the Garhwal and Kumaon Himalayas, Darjeeling, Sikkim and Nepal. He obtained special permission to travel to Nepal which was a closed country at the time. Dr Boeck was an amateur photographer and illustrated his books with the photographs from his journeys. During his travels in Nepal, Boeck had a secret camera, with which he photographed unnoticed through a hole in his bag.
- Indische Gletscherfahrten. Reisen und Erlebnisse im Himalaya von Dr. Kurt Boeck
- Indian Glacier Travels. Travels and adventures in the Himalayas by Dr. Kurt Boeck
- Indische Wunderwelt. Reisen u. Erlebnisse in Britisch-Indien und auf Ceylon. BOECK, Kurt:
- Indian Wonderworld. Travel & experiences in British India and Ceylon. BOECK, Kurt: Deutsches Verlag, Leipzig and Stuttgart, 1900
- Himalaya album. Bilder aus den Indischen Alpen. Boeck Kurt Verlag von Friedrich Spies, Baden Baden 1894.
- Himalayan album. Pictures from the Indian Alps. Boeck Kurt Verlag von Friedrich Spies, Baden Baden 1894.
- Himâlaya. Songs and images. Boeck, Kurt
- Himâlaya. Lieder und Bilder. Boeck, Kurt
- Aux Indes et au Népal, Boeck, Kurt Hachette 1907
- In India and Nepal Boeck, Kurt Hachette 1907